“But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought.” — George Orwell
This is the power that language and hence literature is endowed with. Every reader certainly has felt it: that one moment when you open a piece of literature and sink into its depths, traversing the realm of the unknown, far beyond yet far ahead than the reality itself.
- We believe that in an era, which embarks upon theories like the Reader Response (wherein the reader has the power to decide even the meaning of the text), one doesn’t need a refined-standardized list of books to read. Thus, here’s offering an opportunity to every reader to grab the right, which they have been devoid of for centuries i.e. to appreciate works as per one’s own judgment and not as per the recommendations made.
- The accessibility of books to the readers becomes the central issue in such a milieu. Thus, our mission is to make the works available to as many people as we can and ultimately be the widest global presence. As a pro-reader organization, we would ensure that all the works are digitally available without creating much ado for the readers.
- Not just the readers, in a country that has been blessed with a rich human resource and thus a kernel of talent, we want everybody to join us in our attempt to create a stir in the publishing industry. Any ideas, writings, advices, proposals etc are wholeheartedly awaited for!
For any organization, it is mandatory to have a vision of its future which becomes a source of inspiration to work towards the achievement of its goal. Garuda, too, is not an exception in this case.
Thus, Garuda would be looking forward:
- To bring authors, writers and creative people on a platform where they can generate and disseminate Bharat-centric content impeccably.
- To provide error free academic books, especially in higher education and Bhartan languages.
- To generate affordable books in Hindi and other Indian languages.
- To snatch some share of the English language market by providing eminent books in readers’ own languages.
We realize that in a developing-country like India, there always exists different forms of unfettered competition, let it be academics, job opportunities etc. What one needs is an apt book along with proper guidance which ultimately becomes the key to success. Hence, we are totally committed to bring into market the books which can help students crack various competitive examinations and are also useful for concept-clarity at all levels
Life at Garuda
Healthy, competitive, enabling and congenial workingenvironment.